The #vb channel has a few policies that we all try and adhere to:
- We do not support software piracy of ANY kind. Most of us make a living out of selling/writing software.
- We will not do your homework for you. The key word there is "your". However, if you have a specific question, feel free to ask.
- Some of us also act as system administrators. "I want to create a virus" is most likely going to be the last thing you say in the channel.
- Do not abuse colors, as in don't use colors at all.
- We like free code, but there is no need for you to paste any in the channel (paste at www.nomorepasting.com)
Here are some general guidelines you may want to follow. They will certainly help your chances of staying in the channel:
- Be respectful of other people. For example, keep cursing, rudeness and crudeness to a minimum and just try to be polite. Note that other users should be treated with the same respect as channel operators.
- Listen to the channel operators. They're channel operators for a reason.
- If you have a question then just ask it, and make sure you give all of the information required to answer it. If you have an error message, tell us what the error message was and tell us the line of code it occured on. Do not ask to ask.
- Try to show some intuition and have a good attempt at trying to solve your problem before just blindly asking in the channel. We have better things to do than tell you "you misspelled 'Function' again" all day long. We get thousands of questions that could have been solved by the user had they just thought about it for 10 seconds.
- Repeating your question over and over or going in a huff because nobody is answering you is a bad idea. We all have lives and aren't around 24/7. If the channel is inactive or nobody can help you then just try coming back later when somebody may be able to help you. If you're being ignored then chances are that your question is too vague, irrelevant or doesn't provide enough detail to be answerable.
- Most of us only speak english. If you don't use english, don't expect an answer.
Other than this, have fun and enjoy the channel.