Revision as of 09:20, 26 May 2009 by Dee
Here are a selection of VB tips that will make you progamming life easier.
- As New - When and more importantly, when NOT to use As New.
- Brackets around procedure parameters - When to use brackets around function/sub parameters.
- Debugging - Having a problem? Here are some basic tips for tracking it down
- Designing network protocols - A few points and common pitfalls about designing a network protocol
- DoEvents - Some of the problems with DoEvents and how to work around them
- End - Ever wondered why your application doesn't shutdown cleanly?
- Explorer extensions - A few useful way to extend the explorer shell
- Long Strings - Splitting a long line of code into multiple lines
- Multi threading in VB - A rough guide.
- Null - What is it and how do I use it?
- Option Explicit - Why you should use Option Explicit
- Setups - Creating an installer for your application
- Sleep without locking - A Sleep function that doesn't freeze the process
- Speed - A few tips about speeding up your code.
- Menu Commands - Menu Commands you would expect in most applications